If you have made the decision to invest in your business and obtain your Brokers License or obtain a designation ABR, CRS, GRI or any other professional designation from an Affiliated Institute, Society or Council of the National Association of REALTORS®, we want to help you.
In 2009, LGAAR instituted a scholarship program that provides some financial reimbursement assistance in obtaining your professional and educational goals.
Scholarship Application – Complete an application for up to $100 towards an approved Designation or up to $50 towards an LGAAR hosted Continuing Education Class
- MEMBERSHIP: Applicant must be a Member, REALTOR® or Affiliate, in good standing of the Lake & Geauga Area Association of Realtors®.
- EDUCATION: Applicant must be seeking to obtain a Broker’s license, NAR designation, or other Association approved professional designation in the State of Ohio. Reimbursement includes any Board approved continuing education that increases a member’s professional capabilities. Online courses are acceptable. Does not apply to Licensing or Post-Licensing Courses. Approval is at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee and/or Board of Directors.
- LOCATION: If the class/course is offered by LGAAR, the member should take the class/course at LGAAR to be eligible for reimbursement. If the class/course is not offered by LGAAR, the member may take the class/course with another organization and be considered for reimbursement.
- INFORMATION: Information about the course, such as a brochure, registration materials or course outline, must be submitted with this completed application.
- REIMBURSEMENT AFTER: Scholarship monies will be awarded after submission of proof of successful completion and payment of the course. Completion certificate must be accompanied by proof of payment.
- DEADLINE: Application and course information must be submitted to the Scholarship Committee three (3) weeks prior to the start of the class or three (3) weeks after completion, for approval, at the discretion of the committee and/or Board of Directors.
- AMOUNT / FREQUENCY: The amount of the scholarship will depend on the availability of funds for the given year. Only one scholarship per applicant per calendar year will be awarded, up to a limit of $100.00, unless otherwise determined by the Board of Directors. A limit of $50.00 will be awarded towards any continuing education that is not a designation.