LGAAR Maintains the following Privacy & Security Policy:
We recognize the importance of protecting the personal information members provide to the Lake & Geauga Area Association of REALTORS®. LGAAR does not share, sell or trade member e-mail addresses with non-members! Recent changes in the reporting requirements with the National Association of REALTORS® require that all members being added to their system, or having changes made to their records, provide a valid e-mail address before the record change(s) can be saved and made effective. To bring our membership records into compliance with these changes, and so as to allow the continued, automatic or manual, updating of records with the National Association, LGAAR must require that all members provide a valid e-mail address.
1. We may gather the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles); and
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data)
2. We use this information to:
- Notify you of updated information to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events, programs, and Calls to Action.
- Compile specialty directories about which you may be included and will be made aware.
- Track usage of our web sites.
- Assist the National and Ohio REALTORÂ® Associations and Affiliated Institutes, Societies and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. LGAAR does not share, sell or trade e-mail addresses with non-members but may provide you with on-line informational or marketing messages that have been approved by LGAAR for the purposes described in Part 4 of this policy.
4. We will not share, sell or otherwise provide other information about you to third parties, except for:
- Member Service Partners for the limited purpose of notifying you of LGAAR-approved promotions.
- Exhibitors at LGAAR trade shows for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows, through marketing vehicles approved by LGAAR.
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by LGAAR.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions on our site that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
- Find a member functions on association websites.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via LGAAR’s electronic commerce network will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties
6. We maintain security procedures and standards that we believe are as safe as today’s technology permits. We test these procedures and modify them regularly as new technologies become feasible.
7. We utilize an Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs.
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NAR NRDS system, by contacting the LGAAR Office, or via the Change of Information form (PDF).
9. Some of LGAAR’s web sites may contain advertising pursuant to agreements between LGAAR and the advertisers. We do not control these advertisers, the sites of third parties reached through links on our site or their information collection practices and LGAAR will not be responsible for the activities of these third parties. 10. Lake and Geauga Association of REALTORS does not endorse the use of any particular service, service provider or advertiser and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the same. Members are solely responsible for the choice of any services and/or service providers, and are hereby advised to research and investigate them in advance, including without limitation as to qualifications, licensure and insurance.