The Lake & Geauga Area Association of REALTORS is proud to affiliate with the
The Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Cleveland
The HBA of Greater Cleveland was founded as a non-profit trade association comprised of members involved in new home construction, remodeling, land development and real estate.
The HBA of Greater Cleveland is the voice of housing industry in northeast Ohio.
- We are dedicated to promoting, protecting, strengthening and informing our local home building and remodeling markets
- Together we accomplish more than any one individual could do alone.
- The HBA monitors and interprets all local legislation and regulations that may affect the home building industry.
- The Ohio Home Builders Association (OHBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) also monitor legislation and regulations at the state and national levels.
Code of Ethics
As members of the Home Builders Association of Greater Cleveland, we agree to abide by the following code of ethics:
- Members shall constantly seek to provide better values, so that an even greater share of our people may enjoy the benefits of decent housing and home ownership.
- Members shall at all times contribute their building knowledge to the best interest of those they serve.
- Members shall not obtain any business by means of fraudulent statements or by use of implications unwarranted by fact or reasonable probability.
- Members shall comply both in spirit and letter to rules and regulations prescribed by law and government agencies for health, safety and progress of the community.
- Members shall not perform or cause to be performed any act which would tend to reflect negatively on or bring into disrepute any part of the building industry.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective customers, subcontractors, suppliers and employees.
- Members hold inviolate the free enterprise system of the American way of life and pledge our support to our associates, local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
- While maintaining the highest degree of competition, each member agrees that he/she will conscientiously avoid such unprofessional practices that may result in deliberate undermining of another member’s qualifications or reputation for honesty, stability or integrity.
Visit the HBA website