Starting July 1, 2011 -Fannie Mae has informed its listing brokers and Asset Management Providers (AMPs) that, effective July 1, 2011, "an electronic lockbox must be used if available in [the] area." Fannie Mae instructs that the electronic lockbox should be placed in a primary location such as the front door to market a property. Fannie Mae appraisers, contractors, inspectors and employees will access the property using a mechanical combination lockbox that is placed in a secondary location, such as a back or side door. However, Fannie Mae specifically informs its brokers and AMPs that buyer's agents and buyer's lenders are not permitted to use the mechanical combination lockbox. Fannie Mae's action should increase the use of electronic lockboxes and discourage code sharing. For more information, please refer to Fannie Mae's FAQs, located here.
About Supra eKey
This key system is one of the most comprehensive, and abundant eKEY lockbox systems. The GE Supra eKEY provides tremendous benefit over older and less advanced keysafe tools. The eKEY keysafe offers the showing realtor the ability to share listing data to the listing agent to expedite the process of selling the home. The realtor has the ability to gain access to the listing and the selling realtor is able to transmit their contact information, opinions from those who looked at the house, and any specific data to the supra eKEY lockbox where it will be transmitted to the agent that owns the listing. This information can then be used by the agent to update their sales strategy to get the listing sold more quickly.
How it Works
With eKEY software, use your iPhone as your lockbox key. eKEY updates wirelessly so you can do business anywhere.
There are two service levels available: eKEY Basic which provides basic keybox functions. eKEY Professional (coming in 2011) adds MLS data saved to your phone, links Google maps to the listings, and delivers showing details to your phone.
eKEY Basic Features
· Wireless Updates and Alerts
· Obtain Listing Keys
· Keep track of all your key boxes right from your phone
· Manage and Program your keyboxes
· Easily place and remove keyboxes from listings using your phone
· Change your own shackle codes
· Supra eKEY Adapter - The Supra iPhone Adapter plugs into the 30 pin dock connector. It adds Infrared to the iPhone. It is designed to hang from a key chain when not in use. When you are ready to show a house, just slide it out of its cover, and plug it into your iPhone.
· Supra has enhanced their answering service. In 2010, they streamlined call routing for users who knew their key serial number and PIN code. On February 14, 2011, they will introduce streamlined call routing for all keyholders - even those who do not have their key serial number handy. Support routing selections will decrease, meaning fewer button presses and shorter calls.
·All electronic keycards leased through the LGAAR Office fall under designated counties, which include LORAIN, CUYAHOGA, MEDINA, SUMMIT, PORTAGE, LAKE, GEAUGA, STARK, CARROLL, COLUMBIANA, MAHONING, TRUMBULL and ASHTABULA. If electronic keycards are used out of these areas, they will only register the keycard serial number; they will not reigster the agent's name, company, etc. However, this information may be obtained by calling the LGAAR office for assistance.
· When will eKEY for iPhone be available?
eKEY Basic for iPhone is available now
· How much does the Supra eKEY Adapter cost?
There is a one time fee of $54.95 (plus $3.95 shipping and any applicable taxes) to purchase the Supra eKEY Adapter. To use the eKEY software there is a monthly key fee.
· Does the Supra iPhone Adapter require batteries?
No. The Adapter gets its power from the iPhone, thus no batteries to change and it will never need to be charged. It only uses power when a box is opened, thus it has very little impact on the iPhone's battery.
· Will eKEY for iPhone work with the eKEY Fob (the one that works with the BlackBerry)?
The eKEY fob used for BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices will not work with the iPhone. It was necessary to design an accessory specifically for the iPhone. Thus, SUPRA created an adapter that would plug directly into the phone. In this way the eKEY for iPhone is a fully integrated solution.
· How do I get eKEY for iPhone?
eKEY for iPhone is issued just like the other eKEYs. The Supra iPhone Adapter is available for purchase directly from Supra and from LGAAR. After you have your adapter, you can download the software from the App Store, and get an eKEY serial number and authorization code from LGAAR. Once the authorization code is entered into the software, you are ready to open lock boxes with your iPhone.
© 2011 The Lake & Geauga Area Association of REALTORS® | 9930 Johnnycake Ridge Rd, 3A | Concord Twp, OH 44060
Ph.440.350.9000 | Fx.440.350.9029