The Lake & Geauga Area Association of REALTORS® is a non-profit professional trade association in Ohio serving real estate professionals in Lake, Geauga, and surrounding counties.
The Lake & Geauga Area Association of REALTORS® exists to advocate for the rights and interests of real property owners and our members; to provide our members with the programs, products, and services that will help them in their business; and to continually raise the competency and professionalism within our industry.
The Lake & Geauga Area Association of Realtors®, also known as LGAAR, is a 501(c)6 non-profit trade organization which was originally chartered in 1929 by the National Association of REALTORS®. The Geauga County Board of REALTORS® was chartered in 1946. After several name changes, these two Associations merged in 2002 becoming the Lake & Geauga Area Association of REALTORS® in order to better service both the memberships and communities of each of the counties.
LGAAR is the sixth largest local REALTOR® Association in the State of Ohio and represents more than 900 REALTOR® and Affiliate members in the Real Estate profession. LGAAR belongs to both the Ohio Association of REALTORS®, as well as the National Association of REALTORS®. The National Association of REALTORS® is North America’s largest trade organization, representing over 1 million members.
LGAAR strives to exceed its core services in order to maintain LGAAR’s standards, as well as our members’ expectations. These core services include:
- Professional Standards – To identify and take steps, through enforcement of NAR’s Code of Ethics and by assisting appropriate regulatory bodies, to eliminate practices which may damage the public or which might discredit or bring dishonor to the real estate profession.
- Education – To provide members with education opportunities to enhance their ability to do business and provide a professional and ethical service to the community.
- Advocacy – To protect private property rights and maintain and expand the Association’s legislative presence and influence at all levels of government.
- Community – To identify, gather, analyze and disseminate information that will position the Association and its members as the definitive authorities on the real estate industry in the Lake and Geauga county areas.
- MLS – To provide the ability for professional real estate brokers and sales associates to share listing and sale information and work together to serve the buying and selling public through ownership in NORMLS/NEOHREX.